Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weights and Measures

I don't want to know what I weigh right now. Not after my meal tonight.
Let me preface this by saying that it's my birthday, so I kinda-sorta-totally overindulged. At TGI Friday's. So we have a problem.
This is the last birthday where I'll allow myself to weigh too much. The last birthday on which I'll try on clothes only to leave the dressing room, shamefaced, after having been unable to close a pair of size thirteen pants. No more.
But today, I let myself eat and eat and EAT. I probably shouldn't have, but the great monster of PMS, combined with celebratory moods, made me eat my feelings...and then some.
The ride home made me realize my failings today and I stopped to purchase measuring tape. Throughout all my weight loss ups and downs, I've avoided measuring tapes because, to be honest, they scare the shit out of me. I want to know, but don't really want to know, my measurements. But it's time to bite the bullet. So, here they are, in all their brutal glory:

Starting Measurements: 3/26/2011

Upper Arm: 11 inches
Wrist: 6 1/8 inches
Breasts: 48 inches ( I have EE cups, which I'm hoping to reduce to a C cup in surgery this summer
Below breasts: 39 inches
Waist: 40 1/2 inches
Hips: 47 inches
Upper Thigh: 23 inches
Lower Thigh: 18 inches
Calf:  14 Inches

These measurements are not pretty- not in the slightest. But they're real, so now I have a starting basis for my weight loss, and hopefully I'll see results in size, if not weight, which is probably hovering around 203 at the moment.
All this, and yet I'm hopeful. It's been a good birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment