Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Dream

As a little girl, I used to plan my wedding. Not the idle planning of most girls my age, oh no. I envisioned elaborate scenarios in which I was walking down the aisle in a specially made gown toward the handsomest man in the world. It worked, you see, for I was the loveliest woman.

Well, now it's reality. I met him, the man I'll be walking down the aisle toward. He is all that I could have imagined I'd ever want, and then some. He is it for me. But now I don't know if I can look at myself as being lovely enough for him.

He proposed on March 14th, Pi Day. We're both dorks, so it works out well. All I can see is our gorgeous wedding, and our gorgeous life afterward...but I want to be part of the gorgeous aesthetic. And right now, I don't feel like I am.

My current weight is 201 lbs, and it's been higher. I'm tall, so most (not even my husband- to - be) guess that I'm so heavy. BUt I know, and I feel it. So this is my mission: before June 23, 2013, I will be the woman that I always dreamed I would be, the gorgeous girl in the white gown walking toward the most incredible man I can imagine. Just watch me.

My goal here is to hold myself accountable, to write about my daily weight losses and gains, about my workouts and my struggles with food. My goal is to reach my goal and (hopefully!) meet other people along the way.

So watch me shrink to fit the body my mind has always dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment