Friday, March 25, 2011

Skinny Bitch and all that Ish...

Planning a wedding is stressful. I'm two years out, and my mind is swirling with ideas that people (mostly my mother) hate. I have this grand vision in my head, and this vision centers on birdcages.

Why, you ask? Well, I have a Victorian theme for my far-off nuptials. My birdcages are near and dear to my heart for centerpieces. Everyone I've showed them to has been astounded at the idea of flower-filled birdcages for centerpieces. Well, everyone except the one footing the bill...my mother. She hates them so vehemently that I almost gave up.

But I'm not a quitter, as I'm hoping this blog will show. So today I made a replica birdcage, which made my mother irritated, but more accepting of the idea. And as such, I got what I wanted: my birdcages!

Now back to the non-fantasy: the reality of weight loss. I picked up "Skinny Bitch" and read for about an hour. But...ouch. It's not so much that they're harsh, which I'd appreciate. The diet is just RIDICULOUS. I cannot possibly cut out meat, dairy, caffeine, and sugar. I mean, WHAT WOULD I EAT?! It's perplexing to say the least. So after an hour, I decided to go my own way with the practical eating plan. I've reamped my dedication to Sparkpeople.com, the best weight loss site I've ever seen. I'm going to stick to a reasonable calorie plan and an exercise regime, but honestly, I will NEVER be a skinny bitch. And I am totally okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment